You work hard to achieve your career goals. You may even have moved, sacrificed other desires, and dedicated long hours to your job in order to get where you are now. So when an injury threatens your ability to work, it can affect every part of your life. At Ransom, Gilbertson, Martin & Ratliff, L.L.P., we understand how important workers compensation can be during this difficult period. Our team works hard throughout the workers’ compensation process to get workers, all over Oregon from Portland to Pendleton to the Oregon Coast, the help and support they need to move forward after a work injury. When to retain Workers’ Compensation Lawyer When you begin the claims process, you may wonder if you need to retain a workers’ comp lawyer. The answer is “Yes.” Work comp laws have become very complicated and you rights to medical treatment and disability pay may be at risk. Our team can help you at any point in the claims process. You should immediately get representation in any of the following circumstances:
- You believe you are entitled to benefits that you have not received.
- You need surgery, long-term care, vocational assistance, or costly medical services.
- You won’t be able to return to your job due to injury.
- Your compensation has been delayed, disputed, or denied.
- Your doctor believes your injury to be permanent.